db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Mamta Satoor" <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Regarding DERBY-2750
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 17:09:36 GMT
Hi Ravinder,

I have more of a junit framework question for this particular test(for
DERBY-1706) change. This test in the non-junit test framework made sure that
it was executed before anyone physically created the SESSION schema. The
reason for that is we wanted to make sure that if the SESSION schema didn't
exist, we should be able to create a table inside that schema and that table
creation should automatically create SESSION schema. Just like what would
happen for any other user schema.

Now in the junit framework, there is no way (I could be wrong) to ensure
that this test fixture (ie the test for DERBY-1706) gets run before other
test fixtures and hence it is possible that the SESSION schema has already
been created by other test fixtures by the time this particular test fixture
gets called and hence we won't really be testing what the original test
intended to run. I guess one way would be drop the SESSION schema at the
beginning of this test fixture and then run rest of the code in this test
fixture. This will not test exactly what the original test was testing but
will be close enough.

Hope this helps,

On 7/2/07, Ravinder Reddy <pandiri@students.iiit.ac.in> wrote:
>        hi,
>                I am converting lang/declareGlobalTempTableJava.java to
> junit.
> One of the tests test the Derby1706 which was handled by You.
> plzz look at the fixture and let me know If I am going something wrong.
> public void testDerby1706() throws SQLException {
>                Statement s = createStatement();
>                s.executeUpdate("set schema SESSION");
>                try{
>                        s.executeUpdate("create table DERBY1706(c11 int)");
>                }
>                catch(SQLException e){
>                        assertFalse( "XJ001" == e.getSQLState());
>                }
>                 s.executeUpdate("drop table DERBY1706");
>                 s.executeUpdate("set schema APP");
>                 s.executeUpdate("drop schema SESSION restrict");
>           s.close();
>        }
> Thanks in Advance.
> --
>    Every problem that has been solved can be solved again in a better way
>                                                   - Ravinder Reddy
> --
> believed to be clean.

View raw message