db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject [CANCELLED] [VOTE] release
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2007 18:31:28 GMT
Dear all,

As you may have noticed, there was another Blocker issue found and
fixed (DERBY-2963), and thus this vote is cancelled, we need a new
release candidate.

I hesitate to build another candidate, because I cannot finish the
release. I am quite disappointed at leaving things without a release
being made...But I do not want to call a vote knowing I cannot monitor
it and complete the required tasks.

Although there are no further blockers, there is 1 critical issue
(DERBY-2437/DERBY-2925) that is being actively worked on, and I leave
it up to the next release manager to decide to wait for that issue to
be fixed, or not.

I thank all of you who have added functionality and tests, found bugs,
fixed bugs, wrote documentation, release notes, reviewed, tested, and
provided feedback.

I will still do the following:
 - add the latest changes to the Release Notes and Changes files (and
update JiraConnector & ReleaseNoteGenerator for 10.3);
 - add the 10.3 to the branches web page
 - update the DerbyTenThreeRelease wiki page
 - remove the old release candidates from my apache web location to
prevent misunderstandings.

I will probably lurk on the list off and on for some time, should
questions arise.

View raw message