db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 10.3 Release Notes
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2007 00:52:38 GMT
On 7/16/07, Oystein Grovlen - Sun Norway <Oystein.Grovlen@sun.com> wrote:
>[...snip...] I wonder whether these
>  JIRAs should also have been called out as New Features and/or had
> Release Note calling out changes that may affect applications:
>
> DERBY-2331      Disallow code in installed jars from resolving classes in the
> org.apache.derby.* namespace except for public apis.
>
> DERBY-2330      Disallow user-defined SQL routines to resolve to entry points
> (methods in classes) in the org.apache.derby.* namespace
>
> DERBY-2152      Support diagnostic vti tables that take parameters, such as
> SpaceTable
>
> DERBY-1953      Make FOR EACH clause and MODE DB2SQL in CREATE TRIGGER
> statement optional
>
> DERBY-1623      Add ANSI TRIM implementation
>
> --
> Øystein

With RN for 10.3.1.3. I added DERBY-2152, DERBY-1953, and DERBY-1623
to the list of new features.
Again I was faced with some inconsistencies, in that some of the items
on the list of new features are actually marked as improvements...Very
hard to decide what to put on the list and what not.

I decided that the issues currently on the list have been specifically
called for addition by the community, either through emails, or
through placement on the DerbyTenThreeRelease wiki page, so as you
called for them, I could put them on...

But DERBY-2330 and DERBY-2331 are more of a taking away of
functionality than adding, so I decided not to put them in the new
features list.
As to warranting a dedicated release note for those 2, like Dan said,
someone would have had to write a note.

Myrna