db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: again, another 10.3.1. release candidate?
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 21:34:14 GMT
> Just a gentle reminder, no-one can veto a release. Thus anyone's desires
> for a specific bug to be fixed do not impose any requirement on a
> release manager. It is ok for a release to proceed "ignoring" -1 votes
> as long as it has the required number of +1 PMC votes.
>
> Though, I think if a release does have -1 votes that it is wise for the
> release manager to consider them before putting the release on the mirrors.
>
> Dan.

Thx for that reminder Dan. My choice for another release candidate is
not the -1 vote per se (although it does point to a concern with
10.3.1.2), but rather the impact of not having the fix for DERBY-2896
in it; without the fix it becomes necessary to fix DERBY-1107 which
was indicated as a non-trivial change.

Myrna