db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject again, another 10.3.1. release candidate?
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 20:58:30 GMT
Hi,

There was a discussion ensuing from DERBY-2896, which I think should
be a general discussion item, following mamta's check-in for a fix for
that critical issue.


Knut Anders Wrote:
> >The changes in metadata.properties will not be picked up when you upgrade from 10.3.1.x
to 10.3.2.x.
>
Kathey replied:
> This filed as DERBY-1107 and I think is a good reason to have a new release candidate.
 I think other critical issues such as DERBY-2437 and the regression DERBY-2892 might be worth
waiting for too if they can be fixed in short order.  I wouldn't veto a release at this point
but would probably vote -0.


It seems to me that even though Kathey doesn't want to hold up the
release, she really doesn't want a release without this fix.
Which to me sounds like a new release candidate, which, as we've got a
vote outstanding, means holding up the release. :-)

But Kathey's email poses some options
1. I can do a fairly quick turn-around and make another release
candidate after Mamta backports the fix to 10.3. If I can build the
files tonight or tomorrow morning early, I can test, and call a vote
around noon, that would give us until July 26th noon (PDT) and I could
maybe still close the vote and hope that the maven work and web page
work can be finished on that day, or leave it to Rick to do that part
once he's back the week after.

2. We can wait until someone fixes DERBY-2892 for 10.3. I have not
heard anything positive, nor a time frame for such a fix. If a fix
happens before the 26th, I can generate new build files and open the
voting, but someone else (Rick when he's back form
vacation/conference?) will have to finish up the work for this
release.

3. We can wait even further until other critical issues such as
DERBY-2437 are fixed. I want to point out, that no has volunteered to
own that one at this point, so we might be waiting indefinitely. I
can, as I have suggested before, pick up the release work in
September, and we can see how far the fixes are then. Or someone else
can volunteer.

Kathey, please be explicit, which 'other' issues except DERBY-2437 do
you think are necessary to receive a fix?


Myrna

Mime
View raw message