db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 10.3 - to release or not to release?
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 17:30:48 GMT
On 7/9/07, Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradbury@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Myrna -
> Thanks for the through release report.  I took a look at the critical
> bug list and am concerned about the regression that causes locking
> problems:
> DERBY-2892 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2892> - this is
> a regression of the DERBY-255 fix and, though it was introduced in 10.2,
> should be addressed quickly.  Has anyone look at the checkin that might
> have caused the regression?

No one has signed up.

> DERBY-326 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-326> (svn 405037).
>
> This also concerns me because I assume the problem is because of the
> collation differences between the SYS schema and the User Database - I
> am not upto date on this issue - can it be resolved?

You must be meaning a different bug? Sorry, but I don't understand.
I've been trying to figure out which bug you *could* be referring to,
but maybe you can just tell me.

> DERBY-2896 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2896>   -  It
> sounds like DatabaseMetaData calls will fail when TERRITORY_BASED
> collation is used.  This will mean that many IDEs will not work with
> these databases.  Since this is a new feature it will not break existing
> systems but will slow use of the feature.

Again, no one signed up.

One of the aspects that I let weigh in on deciding to call a vote or
to hold it up for these critical issues, is that no one *has* signed
up. I can theorize based on past track records & hope that certain
people might step up to the plate, but as long as there's no firm
assignment coupled with an indication from the responsible individual
that it's going to be done within a reasonable time frame, I don't
think it makes sense to hold up a release...

Myrna