db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject 10.3.1.0b eclipse plugin & default security
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2007 14:45:44 GMT
Hi,

I tried the eclipse plugin for 10.3.1.0 beta, and am wondering about
it starting the network server.
It starts network server without any security settings, just -h -p #,
and so, when you try to use ij, you get a security exception.

I find the plugin a little less useful now.

Should we change the plugin to use the -noSecurityMechanism option?

I think that is doable before 10.3.1.1 build, the other choice, adding
the default security policy, I think would require also modifying the
doc plugin to reflect how to change the policy...Plus adding the
default policy file and making sure it all works...

The third choice is to leave all as is...

Myrna