db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Correction to release notes
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 15:01:53 GMT
On 7/4/07, Oystein Grovlen - Sun Norway <Oystein.Grovlen@sun.com> wrote:
> How can I add to the list of new features in the release note?  Can I
> just edit the DerbyTenThreeRelease wiki, or should I edit the release
> note directly?  The addition of the Blob/Clob API mehtods seems to have
> fallen out.  (However, I am pretty certain I added them to the wiki a
> long time ago).
>
> Also, there seems to be other new features that are missing.  (eg., TRIM
> and LIKE).  Has someone verified that all new features have been included?
>
> I am on vacation for the rest of this week so it would be good if
> someone could tell me what I need to do to fix this tonight.
>
> --
> Øystein

The number of added fixes into 10.3.1.1. is relatively small, (~20 at
current counting) so I will do a manual pass, and edit the Release
notes directly this time, on Thursday.
I will at that time reconcile what's on the wiki with what's in the
Release Notes.html.
I think at this point it I would prefer if you could add your input on
the wiki. Dan also added to the items on the wiki on June 27, so I
know I have to look at it.

No, I've not done a thorough check of all new features; I intend to
modify the release notes to change the wording of 'bug fixes' to
'changes'. (see also DERBY-2840); so, any small improvement not
mentioned separately will show up there.

I am fairly certain I took out the Blob/Clob API details at one point,
when not much progress had been made, and none of the bugs listed at
the time were closed. Sorry about that.

Thx for checking on this.
Myrna