db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Dimple Bhatia" <dim...@gmail.com>
Subject Hwo to invoke a modified execute method
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 23:54:53 GMT
Hi,
I have overloaded the execute method in
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.execute and can call that via a
test program using the Embedded driver and that works fine.Now I want to run
Derby in network server mode and want to call this modified execute method
from the client side. I see that when i create a client program to execute a
statement it calls the org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.execute() which
calls executeX(sql) which calls flowexecute(). And i think at some time it
must be callign the EmbedStatment.execute() on the server side.  So I
thought I should overload the org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.execute()
methods(since those are the methodson the client side).  I tried to overload
the org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.execute() method but not sure how
to change the flowExecute() and get that working. The API seems complicated
so wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I can do this? Not sure if Derby
uses RMI(remoe method invocation) under the covers when it invokes the
execute methods on the server side.

Thanks
Dimple