db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivo Jimenez" <ivojime...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DERBY-581 and OLAP operations
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 09:02:58 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to Derby and I'd like to contribute. Casually, my interests are on
OLAP, so its great to read your proposition of adding this kind of features.
I have experience in Java and Databases but I don't know if there's a
certain level of knowledge that a contributor has to get in order to help
with coding. Should I start by doing things less sensible? Or doing another
kind of work?

I could start by helping with the literature exploration and adding content
to the Wiki, as Bryan mentioned. I'd also like to code! So I'd be very happy
to be the second person that Manish pointed.

Just to complement, as far as I know the OLAP extensions were annexed to SQL
on the 1999 standard (http://www.jcc.com/sql.htm) by annexing the CUBE and
ROLLUP operators (paul.rutgers.edu/~aminabdu/cs541/*cube*_op.pdf).

Cheers,
Ivo