db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using eclipse to work with derby..
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2007 06:29:39 GMT
On 7/13/07, Ravinder Reddy <pandiri@students.iiit.ac.in> wrote:

>         Thankyou kathey.
> On Fri, 13 Jul 2007, Kathey Marsden wrote:
>
> > Ravinder Reddy wrote:
> >>
> >>     hi,
> >>
> >> 1) how to get eclipse set up to not use tabs?
> >>
> > You can go to
> > Window->Preferences-> Java->Formatter-> New
> > give a profile name and then change the
> > Tab Policy to spaces only.
> >
> > To reformat your source
> > Source -> Format
> >

> >> 2) recently I have migrated to a new machine in which Fedora 7 is
> >> installed.
> >>     Some info regarding my system.
> >
> > Perhaps the issue is  this line in your ant.properties
> > j14lib=$jdk14_home/jre/lib
>
>         The same problem even If I give the full path.??

If you are building from inside Eclipse and get the 'Unable to find
package java.lang in classpath or bootclasspath' error, make sure that
the JRE system library has been added to your project classpath.
Select Properties from the Project menu, then Java Build Path. You
should have the JRE System Library from your JDK 1.4.2 installation
listed. If not, choose Add Library... and then JRE System Library and
click Next.... You may need to select the Alternate JRE button at this
point and specify the location of your JDK 1.4.2 installation at this
point.

A guide to setting up Eclipse from scratch can be found here:

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/BuildingDerby

That may also provide some useful tips to getting your Eclipse
installation set up properly.

best regards,
andrew