db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Francisco Trindade <franci...@m3tech.com.br>
Subject Derby Backup
Date Sun, 29 Jul 2007 17:39:50 GMT
Hi,

Im building a system using Apache Derby, and I couldnt find a way to
backup the existing data from the database.
The only procedure I've found in the documentation is to create a
online/offline backup, that copies the existent database to a different
location.
The problem with this approach is that the backup file becomes very
large (15 - 30 MB) in my case, and that's because Im zipping the
database after copying it.

I was wondering if it doesn't exist a way to create a backup only of the
existent data, and not the whole database, like a dump.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks in advance,
Francisco Trindade