db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2007 02:27:39 GMT
Jean T. Anderson wrote:
> Dag H. Wanvik wrote: 
>>Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunteren@gmail.com> writes:
>>>Rick has said he'd be willing to take over, but that was before he
>>>went on vacation. So, at this point, I can either:
>>>- Create one more set of release artifacts as soon as DERBY-2963 is
>>>fixed, and call a vote on that hoping that Rick (or someone else) can
>>>finish the release management tasks, or leave it for me in September
>>+1, as soon as Kathey's backports are done, I'd say :)
>>If Rick decides to persue this (I am cautiously hoping he will), a new
>>set of release artifacts will save us some time. He is expected back
>>next Monday AFAIK.
> a new release candidate requires a new vote anyhow, right?
> I'd recommend cancelling the current vote and letting whomever will
> complete the release create the next release candidate and sign the
> files him or herself. I would think it might be confusing to pick up
> where you left off; however, I can't say that authoritatively since I've

I meant to say "where Myrna left off" ... just in case Dag is scratching
his head wondering how he got roped into this ....


> never been a release manager.
> so just a suggestion,
>  -jean

View raw message