db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 10.3.1.3 release
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2007 02:24:22 GMT
Dag H. Wanvik wrote:
> Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunteren@gmail.com> writes:
> 
> 
>>More in general, note that I've not rushed into another release
>>because, well, there was no fix yet for the blocker (:-) ), and
>>secondly, I cannot conclude the work on a new release myself. I'll
>>have to let the baton go to someone else, or pick things up when I
>>can.
>>
>>Rick has said he'd be willing to take over, but that was before he
>>went on vacation. So, at this point, I can either:
>>- Create one more set of release artifacts as soon as DERBY-2963 is
>>fixed, and call a vote on that hoping that Rick (or someone else) can
>>finish the release management tasks, or leave it for me in September
> 
> 
> +1, as soon as Kathey's backports are done, I'd say :)
> 
> If Rick decides to persue this (I am cautiously hoping he will), a new
> set of release artifacts will save us some time. He is expected back
> next Monday AFAIK.

a new release candidate requires a new vote anyhow, right?

I'd recommend cancelling the current vote and letting whomever will
complete the release create the next release candidate and sign the
files him or herself. I would think it might be confusing to pick up
where you left off; however, I can't say that authoritatively since I've
never been a release manager.

so just a suggestion,

 -jean

> Dag
> 
> 
>>- Cancel the current vote for 10.3.1.3 and do nothing, and leave it to
>>someone else to finish before, or for me in September.
>>
>>Opinions?
>>
>>Myrna
>>


Mime
View raw message