db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 10.3.1.3 release
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 01:11:21 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have now prepared a release candidate, 10.3.1.3 (build/revision
> 557799). Please download and test-drive this candidate, and document
> test results on the testing pages
> see:http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenThreeRelease#head-c6b20b58527b8de23f358548756f36e643da2e71:

-1.   For three reasons:

1)
 I think that collation is not quite ready but is close.  I finished the
testing for DERBY-2656 and filed a lot of issues which Mamta has been
fixing very rapidly.  I think if we wait a week or two we can have a
much more solid picture for collation.   I would especially like to see
these three fixed:

    DERBY-2966  rs.moveToInsertRow() causes loss of connection with
TERRITORY_BASED collation.
    DERBY-2973 With collation TERRITORY_BASED, insert into table after
changing type of column causes assert failure and loss of connection
    DERBY-2972 Update or select with function in the where clause causes
with TERRITORY_BASED collation fails with ERROR 42818: Comparisons
between 'VARCHAR' and 'VARCHAR' are not supported.

2)  DERBY-2963
 AccessControlException: Access denied java.net.SocketPermission <client
ip> accept,resolve

3) I am also quite concerned that we are letting the release out with
known regressions, DERBY-2905, DERBY-2892, but since I am not in a
position to fix these in short order,  I would change my vote just on
resolution of the other issues.

Thanks to everyone for their hard work on the release.  I really think
it is coming into form but is just not quite there yet.

Kathey