db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: again, another 10.3.1. release candidate?
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 21:07:22 GMT
Stanley Bradbury wrote:

> As I indicated with my [-1] vote to the 10.3.1.2 VOTE thread: I need the
> fix for Derby-2896 to be part of official 10.3 release - this requires
> that new release candidtate be created (presumably 10.3.1.3?)

Just a gentle reminder, no-one can veto a release. Thus anyone's desires
for a specific bug to be fixed do not impose any requirement on a
release manager. It is ok for a release to proceed "ignoring" -1 votes
as long as it has the required number of +1 PMC votes.

Though, I think if a release does have -1 votes that it is wise for the
release manager to consider them before putting the release on the mirrors.

Dan.