db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: again, another 10.3.1. release candidate?
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 19:57:10 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There was a discussion ensuing from DERBY-2896, which I think should
> be a general discussion item, following mamta's check-in for a fix for
> that critical issue.
>
>
> Knut Anders Wrote:
>> >The changes in metadata.properties will not be picked up when you 
>> upgrade from 10.3.1.x to 10.3.2.x.
>>
> Kathey replied:
>> This filed as DERBY-1107 and I think is a good reason to have a new 
>> release candidate.  I think other critical issues such as DERBY-2437 
>> and the regression DERBY-2892 might be worth waiting for too if they 
>> can be fixed in short order.  I wouldn't veto a release at this point 
>> but would probably vote -0.
>
>
> It seems to me that even though Kathey doesn't want to hold up the
> release, she really doesn't want a release without this fix.
> Which to me sounds like a new release candidate, which, as we've got a
> vote outstanding, means holding up the release. :-)
>
> But Kathey's email poses some options
> 1. I can do a fairly quick turn-around and make another release
> candidate after Mamta backports the fix to 10.3. If I can build the
> files tonight or tomorrow morning early, I can test, and call a vote
> around noon, that would give us until July 26th noon (PDT) and I could
> maybe still close the vote and hope that the maven work and web page
> work can be finished on that day, or leave it to Rick to do that part
> once he's back the week after.
>
> 2. We can wait until someone fixes DERBY-2892 for 10.3. I have not
> heard anything positive, nor a time frame for such a fix. If a fix
> happens before the 26th, I can generate new build files and open the
> voting, but someone else (Rick when he's back form
> vacation/conference?) will have to finish up the work for this
> release.
>
> 3. We can wait even further until other critical issues such as
> DERBY-2437 are fixed. I want to point out, that no has volunteered to
> own that one at this point, so we might be waiting indefinitely. I
> can, as I have suggested before, pick up the release work in
> September, and we can see how far the fixes are then. Or someone else
> can volunteer.
>
> Kathey, please be explicit, which 'other' issues except DERBY-2437 do
> you think are necessary to receive a fix?
>
>
> Myrna
>
As I indicated with my [-1] vote to the 10.3.1.2 VOTE thread: 
I need the fix for Derby-2896 to be part of official 10.3 release - this 
requires that new release candidtate be created (presumably 10.3.1.3?)

Thanks



Mime
View raw message