db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Oystein Grovlen - Sun Norway <Oystein.Grov...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 10.3.1.2 release
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 09:24:13 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
  > I will close this vote on July 23, 16.00 PDT
 >
 > If positive, we can have a release by July 24 5 pm (PDT) (I haven't
 > done this bit yet so I'm reserving some more time than I hope to
 > need).
 >
 > To vote:
 > [+1] Make the release candidate  (10.3.1.2 - (SVN 556213))  the official
 > 10.3.1.2 release of Derby.
 > [ -1] Do not make the release candidate the official 10.3.1.2 release.
 > (List  showstopper Jira entries)

[+1]

I have downloaded the release and played a bit with it on my Solaris
x86 desktop.  I have found no major errors.

I have also run the Junit All suite on a database in soft upgrade and
hard upgrade modes.  As far as I can tell all errors that I got are to
be expected.  In soft upgrade, I got the following errors:
    - Several failures due to the new procedure
      SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_EMPTY_STATEMENT_CACHE not existing in soft
      upgrade mode.
    - One failure in CollationTest (DERBY-2940), According to Mamta
      this is to be expected.
    - A few failures in BlobClob4BlobTest. To be expected due to
      changed behavior with respect to life time of LOBs.

In hard upgrade, I only got the CollationTest error (DERBY-2940).

--
Øystein