db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject PROPOSAL: 10.3.2.x release in mid-September?
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 00:07:52 GMT
As stated in my comment on the TERRITORY_BASED collation problem at: 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2896#action_12513395

This problem greatly limits the use of TERRITORY_BASED collation and for 
the sake of that feature needs to be fixed quickly.  Rather than hold up 
the release along with all the other features and fixes I am proposing a 
10.3.2.x release be planned for 4-6 weeks following 10.3.2.1 (assuming 
this is approved next week).  This release would correct DERBY-2896 and 
any other problems that might be reported and backported in the early 
days of 10.3.

Does this sound like a good plan or would producing a 'fix' release be a 
lot more work/testing than stopping 10.3.1.2 and waiting for this to be 
fixed?  I figure it best to hash this out now rather than waiting until 
the day of the vote.


Mime
View raw message