db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Oystein Grovlen - Sun Norway <Oystein.Grov...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: 10.3 Release Notes
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 11:55:50 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> I took advantage of the need for some time for the blockers and
> revised the Release Notes manually...
>
> 1. I went through and wherever it seemed an issue would have existed
> beforeI left it in the CHANGES section; if it looked like it was new
> with 10.3 and fixed in 10.3 I took it out of the release notes.
>
> 2. I removed the sections 'Big' 'Small' 'Non functional improvements'
> from the New Features section. I didn't have a clue how to order them,
> so just left it...I moved the SYCS_UTIL procedures from the CHANGES to
> the New Features.
>
> I'll make a separate CHANGES document that will list *all* issues with
> fix in for 10.3* if it looks like this Release Notes is a more useful
> document.
>
> Please provide input asap...

Sorry that ASAP for me is a bit late for you, but I wonder whether these
  JIRAs should also have been called out as New Features and/or had
Release Note calling out changes that may affect applications:

DERBY-2331	Disallow code in installed jars from resolving classes in the
org.apache.derby.* namespace except for public apis.

DERBY-2330	Disallow user-defined SQL routines to resolve to entry points
(methods in classes) in the org.apache.derby.* namespace

DERBY-2152	Support diagnostic vti tables that take parameters, such as
SpaceTable

DERBY-1953	Make FOR EACH clause and MODE DB2SQL in CREATE TRIGGER
statement optional

DERBY-1623	Add ANSI TRIM implementation

--
Øystein