db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject can I check in fix for DERBY-2931 to 10.3 when it is ready?
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 19:26:58 GMT
Myrna, I assume it is ok to check in a fix into 10.3 branch for this
when it is ready?  My plan is to run a subset of the tests including
upgrade, hopefully reproduce the bug in upgrade tests and then check
into trunk and branch.  Mamta will be available tommorow if there are
any problems that don't show up today with respect to this issue.

/mikem

Mike Matrigali wrote:
> I agree this 2931 should be a blocker, it a bad soft upgrade issue.
> As I said in the issue I am actively working on it.  I have a fix
> coded and am running upgrade tests now.
> 
> Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
>> Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunteren@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> You may have noticed that 2 blockers have shown up -
>>> DERBY-2923 and DERBY-2924.
>>> I'll wait for these to be fixed, adjust the release notes, patch for
>>> DERBY-2915, and generate a new candidate thereafter. I'll update the
>>> wiki when things become more clear.
>>
>> Hi Myrna,
>>
>> I have also raised the priority of DERBY-2931 to blocker since it makes
>> it impossible to access tables created in soft upgrade mode after a
>> reboot of the database. That is, the tables are accessible if you
>> downgrade, but they are not accessible in 10.3 (even after a hard
>> upgrade).
>>
> 

Mime
View raw message