db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [test] Junit test fail and throw AccessControlException
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 03:45:40 GMT
Sean Qiu wrote:

> 2007/7/9, Daniel John Debrunner <djd@apache.org <mailto:djd@apache.org>>:
>
>     Sean Qiu wrote:
>      > How to run test without install an SecurityManager?  "ant junit-core
>      > - Djava.security.policy=<NONE>"  ?
>      > But it seems not  work.
>      >
>      > 2007/7/9, Sean Qiu <sean.xx.qiu@gmail.com
>     <mailto:sean.xx.qiu@gmail.com> <mailto: sean.xx.qiu@gmail.com
>     <mailto:sean.xx.qiu@gmail.com>>>:
>
>     I committed a change for this over the weekend (in trunk).
>
>     Dan.
>

> Thanks,Dan
>
> BTW, why the test cannot get permission within default policy? Am i
> missing sth?

The test fixture required a permission which was not granted in the test
policy file. The change in this case was to run the test fixture without
a security manager because it was not testing Derby functionality or
calling into Derby code. It was testing indirectly to see if Derby was
running, which required looking at ThreadGroups.

HTH,
Dan.