db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: 10.3 - to release or not to release?
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 20:36:36 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> On 7/9/07, Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradbury@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> Hi Myrna -
>> Thanks for the through release report.  I took a look at the critical
>> bug list and am concerned about the regression that causes locking
>> problems:
>> DERBY-2892 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2892> - this is
>> a regression of the DERBY-255 fix and, though it was introduced in 10.2,
>> should be addressed quickly.  Has anyone look at the checkin that might
>> have caused the regression?
>
> No one has signed up.
Hi Myrna,

I personally tend to think the release should be held up for this fix.
If we take the philosophy that we don't have to fix a regression because
it regressed a while ago we will constantly lose ground.

 It looks like the fix though will be different in 10.2 versus 10.3.  I
am looking at 10.2, but am not totally confident that I can get it fixed
in short order.  I would most appreciate if someone familiar with lob
locators could take a look at the 10.3 fix.

Kathey