db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject State of Derby at OSCON
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 20:32:55 GMT
I'm going to be giving a five minute lightning talk on the State of
Derby at OSCON later this month
(http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2007/). I feel reasonably confident
to say something about the 10.3 release but I'm not sure what to say
about the community's 10.4 plans. The following look like plausible 10.4
improvements:

VTIs (DERBY-716, I'm working on this)

Some Replication (DERBY-2872, it looks like Jørgen and Narayanan are
working on this)

System Privileges (DERBY-2109, it looks like Martin is working on this)

What else are people planning to do for the next feature release? This
isn't a binding contract, just a guess if you've figured out what you
hope to contribute. For instance, are you planning more performance
improvements? More security improvements? More test conversions? More
XML capabilities? Improvements to our build and release processes? Maybe
a major push to reduce the bug backlog?

Thanks!
-Rick