db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Oystein Grovlen - Sun Norway <Oystein.Grov...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: 10.3 Release Notes
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 15:10:07 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> This is an open source release, the release note applies just as much to
> the source code as the libraries. Probably even the test issues should
> have been listed.
>
> It might be better to split the changes section into two (or more)
> sections, e.g. changes in the user functionality, or possibly have a
> "users" release note and a "project" release note.

Splitting the changes into different sections so that there is a
separate section for "Bugs Fixed" is a good idea.

Even if the this is an open source release, I am not sure I see what
value it adds to list every change in the release notes.  Might as well
just refer people to JIRA.  (People will have to go there any way to
understand what the issues are about.)

--
Øystein