db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 10.3 Release Notes
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 14:33:17 GMT
Oystein Grovlen - Sun Norway wrote:
> Thanks for all your work on making the 10.3 release, Myrna.  I have
> downloaded the release candidate and plan to do some ad-hoc testing of it.
>
> I looked at the release note and I found the CHANGES section a bit
> confusing.  It lists a lot of issues that are not relevant to users
> (e.g, code issues (e.g, renaming of internal classes), subtasks for
> implementing new features, bug fixes to new features, improvements in
> build system, procedural issues).  Would it not have been better to make
> a list of bug issues that only affects earlier releases?

This is an open source release, the release note applies just as much to
the source code as the libraries. Probably even the test issues should
have been listed.

It might be better to split the changes section into two (or more)
sections, e.g. changes in the user functionality, or possibly have a
"users" release note and a "project" release note.

Dan.