db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: 10.3 - to release or not to release?
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2007 18:06:23 GMT
> So, I intend to continue with my stated plan of generating a Release
> Candidate and call a vote next Monday, but I would suggest we plan for
> a bug fix release off the 10.3 branch to specifically drive down the
> number of bugs...

+1 to both ideas.

 From my own perspective, the increased number of bugs in the database
reflects the increased testing and exposure that Derby has received
over the last year, and is not an indication of a problem, rather the
opposite; it has been my experience that the quality of Derby
has improved substantially during this time and I think this can be
hard to measure, but it is a very real result.

Thanks very much for all your great work on the 10.3 release Myrna!
It is greatly appreciated by us in the community.

thanks,

bryan