db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: 10.3.1.0b eclipse plugin & default security
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 01:18:29 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> On 7/5/07, Daniel John Debrunner <djd@apache.org> wrote:
>> Rick Hillegas wrote:
>> > We could add this permission to read the user.dir property to the
>> > default policy and the template policy. Can you try that experiment
>> and
>> > see if it fixes your Eclipse problem? If it does, then I recommend
>> > making this change.
>>
>> Why would you recommend the change? Did I miss some analysis on why this
>> property is needed in this environment and not elsewhere?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dan.
>>
> For what it's worth, it *does* work...I don't think we should change
> the template policy though...
>
> Myrna
It seems that some path through the engine startup ends up needing to
read this property. The question may be, why haven't we followed that
path in any of our other tests. I think that the template policy should
mirror the default policy. Here again, we are arming ourselves to handle
the combination of initial conditions which causes us to read this property.

Regards,
-Rick