db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Gunnar Borstad <oleg...@stud.ntnu.no>
Subject Re: List existing databases
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 10:50:44 GMT
If you have the BasicDatabase instance of the database you want to
know the name of, you can do this:

BasicDatabase db;

//this gives the whole path
String databaseName =
org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.getMonitor().getServiceName(db);

//if you only want the name, remove the path
databaseName = databaseName.substring(databaseName.lastIndexOf("/") + 1);

This should be "safe"... :)

Ole Gunnar