db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Gunnar Borstad <oleg...@stud.ntnu.no>
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:34:23 GMT
I am working on management and monitoring for Derby, and I need a way
to view and modify (get/set) properties for the system and databases.

I have tried to access properties through various Property objects in
the code, but when Derby runs with default values these are usually
empty, so default values don't propagate to these java property objects.

So my question is, how do I access default properties (both system and
database-wide)? Can I trust to find class attributes that contain
these? In that case, any known classes where I should begin my search?

Working with Derby properties seem kind of complicated, if anyone has
a lot of experience with this I am thankful for any pointers.

Ole Gunnar