db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "anuj bhargava" <anujbhargava.i...@gmail.com>
Subject Reg: tracing of derby functioning
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2007 20:31:58 GMT
Hello
I am Anuj and I am working on my final year project for which  i need to
understand internals of derby specially locking. I have gone through
transaction and lock modules in derby. but i still didn't get it fully.
Is there any way or tool  to trace functioning of derby like when a
transaction comes, which function is used to form query tree and then
optimization , and then how it interacts with lock manager like what type of
lock it gets, which function is used to release locks and then commit
transaction, where updated values before and after  updatation are stored if
transaction is update one.

Thx in anticipation
Anuj