db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Mamta A. Satoor (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (DERBY-2896) DatabaseMetaData.getTables() fails in TERRORITY_BASED collation database with SQLState 42818: Comparisions between CHAR and CHAR not allowed.
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 18:59:04 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2896?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#action_12512216
] 

Mamta A. Satoor commented on DERBY-2896:
----------------------------------------

Well some more progress on this Jira entry. Here are my findings

I am pretty confident that the problem exists only for getTables and getUDTs metadata calls
because those 2 calls don't go through SYSSTATEMENTS. I tried getProcedures which does character
string literal comparison with system character columns and it works fine because getProcedures
goes through SYSSTATMENTS and compiles in SYS schema even though the current schema may be
a user schema.

> DatabaseMetaData.getTables() fails in TERRORITY_BASED collation database with SQLState
42818: Comparisions between CHAR and CHAR not allowed.
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: DERBY-2896
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2896
>             Project: Derby
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: JDBC
>    Affects Versions: 10.3.0.0, 10.3.1.0, 10.4.0.0
>            Reporter: Daniel John Debrunner
>            Assignee: Mamta A. Satoor
>            Priority: Critical
>         Attachments: Test2896.zip
>
>
> I tried adding DatabaseMetaDataTest.suite() to be run within CollationTest so that it
would test DatabaseMetaData within a collated database.
> I had to fix one item in JDBC.dropSchema() where a string constant was being compared
to a system column while not in a system schema,
> but with that fixed the next error hit was executing DatabaseMetaData.getTables().
> I will add the code to collation test with the use of DatabaseMetaDataTest commented
out with this bug number.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message