I cleaned up my test dir and reran the test and now don't see the failures any more.
 
Mamta

 
On 6/1/07, Mamta Satoor <msatoor@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
 
Is anybody else getting Connection refused : Invalid authentication when running tests? I have started to get this error since yesterday. Even syncing up my client few minutes back does not help. The test that I have tried are CollationTest and AuthenticationTest. The stack trace from CollationTest looks as follows.
java.sql.SQLException: Connection refused : Invalid authentication.
 at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(SQLExceptionFactory.java:45)
 at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException (Util.java:88)
 at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Util.java:94)
 at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Util.java:173)
 at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.newSQLException (EmbedConnection.java:2163)
 at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.checkUserCredentials(EmbedConnection.java:576)
 at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.<init>(EmbedConnection.java:299)
 at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection30.<init>(EmbedConnection30.java:73)
 at org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver30.getNewEmbedConnection(Driver30.java:80)
 at org.apache.derby.jdbc.InternalDriver.connect(InternalDriver.java :209)
 at org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDataSource.getConnection(EmbeddedDataSource.java:479)
 at org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDataSource.getConnection(EmbeddedDataSource.java:423)
 at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.CollationTest.testDefaultCollation (CollationTest.java:95)
 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
 at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:154)
 at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:127)
 at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestCase.runBare (BaseTestCase.java:88)
 at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
 at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
 at junit.framework.TestResult.run (TestResult.java:109)
 at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
 at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
 at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
 at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun (TestDecorator.java :22)
 at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:19)
 at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
 at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:23)
 at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestSetup.run (BaseTestSetup.java:57)
 at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:22)
 at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:19)
 at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
 at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:23)
 at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:22)
 at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:19)
 at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected (TestResult.java:124)
 at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:23)
 at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestSetup.run(BaseTestSetup.java:57)
 at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java :22)
 at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:19)
 at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
 at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:23)
 at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun (TestDecorator.java:22)
 at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:19)
 at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
 at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:23)
 at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestSetup.run (BaseTestSetup.java:57)
 at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:22)
 at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:19)
 at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
 at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:23)
 at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:22)
 at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:19)
 at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected (TestResult.java:124)
 at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:23)
 at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestSetup.run(BaseTestSetup.java:57)
 at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java :22)
 at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:19)
 at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
 at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:23)
 at junit.swingui.TestRunner$16.run (TestRunner.java:623)
 
thanks,
Mamta