On 6/3/07, Andrew McIntyre <mcintyre.a@gmail.com> wrote:
On 6/3/07, Life Challenge <life.c3@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/3/07, Andrew McIntyre <mcintyre.a@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Are you able to look at the URL in a browser? If so; is your browser
> > > configured to use a proxy server? If it is, you may need to use the same
> > > proxy for svn (modify the config file).
> >
> > In addition to determining whether or not you are going through a
> > proxy, can you ping/traceroute to svn.apache.org? i.e. can you get to
> > the machine, or is the machine refusing to honor your request?
> >
> > If you can ping svn.apache.org, then there is a chance that the Apache
> > infrastructure team has blocked svn access from users of your ISP due
> > to abuse of the machine by users of your ISP. If you are able to ping
> > the machine, then please send your IP address and we can check if your
> > ISP is currently blocked on the Apache side.
> >
> > If you cannot ping or traceroute to the machine, and you determine
> > that you don't need to configure settings for a proxy, then you should
> > check with your ISP's technical support.
> >
> > HTH,
> > andrew
> >

> hi,
>
>    1)     I am able to look at the URL in the browser.
>    2)     My browser is configured to use a proxy server.
>    3)     I am able ping/traceroute to svn.apache.org
>    4)     I modified the servers file as follows.
>           [global]
>           http-proxy-host = 192.168.36.204
>           http-proxy-port = 8080
>    5)    This time I am getting a different error
>
>           [root@localhost ~]# svn co
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk/
>           svn: REPORT request failed on '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'
>           svn: REPORT of '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request (
> http://svn.apache.org)
>           [root@localhost ~]#
> N.B: Last time I got the error as PROFIND request failed and this time
> REPORT request failed. Is there something wrong with HTTP or what it could
> be.??. and what is thus 400 Bad Request( http://svn.apache.org).

Subversion, when accessed via HTTP, uses several non-standard HTTP
request methods to retrieve certain information. One of these methods
is REPORT. It appears the HTTP proxy server you are using to contact
the Apache Subversion server is not forwarding the HTTP REPORT request
from your proxy to Apache's Subversion server.

You need to contact the administrator of your proxy server and request
that they forward HTTP REPORT requests in addition to the other HTTP
methods needed for Subversion. There are 5 HTTP methods which your
proxy must forward: PROPFIND, REPORT, MERGE, MKACTIVITY, CHECKOUT.

Please be sure to read the following before going any further:

http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#proxy

HTH,
andrew

Thanks andrew.
            Can I use any alternative method to build the derby in Eclipse ?

1)    Can I access SVN using Other protocol than HTTP.?
2)    I have already downloaded the source from Derby web site.how can I build using
      the  downloaded source  in Eclipse (no SVN here).?
plzz suggest me in this regards.
Thanks in advance.