db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: 10.3 blocker issue - DERBY-2728
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 17:11:00 GMT
Dag.Wanvik@Sun.COM (Dag H. Wanvik) writes:

> If we choose to tie enforcement to SQLAuthorization being on, I think
> this is a fairly small patch; the existing tests still have test cases
> for this (authentication + SQLauthorization), so they could be tweaked
> easily too. I expect most work would be to change the documentation
> (DERBY-2520). The release note for DERBY-2264 would need to change as
> well. I'd be willing to do this work if we choose that approach.

It seems most people have had their say about this issue, and the
votes seem to indicate that this approach is the preferred one.

There is a patch which implements this approach attached to
DERBY-2264. I intend to commit that early next week if no further
objections are raised and also tweak the attached 'releaseNote.html'
accordingly.

Next, I will start modifying the documentation (DERBY-2520) to reflect
the change.

Thanks,
Dag