db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: Can't upgrade from 10.1 to 10.3
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 18:05:05 GMT

Thanks for trying this out, Stan! I really appreciate it.

Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradbury@gmail.com> writes:

> ========   SNIP   =======
>
> Making APP a valid user did not work for me either.  Prior to version
> 10.2 I am not aware of there being a DBO but I understand the system
> tables were owned by DBA so I created such a user and it appears to
> have worked but since there is no schema called DBA any SQL causes
> errors.  Is there anyway for an end-user to tell whom the code expects
> the DBO to be?

Not sure, I guess

select AUTHORIZATIONID from sys.sysschemas where schemaname = 'SYS';

would not be permissible unless necessary permissions were granted?

> C:\Stan\L3\10.3\DBO>java org.apache.derby.tools.ij
> ij version 10.3
> ij> connect 'jdbc:derby:noUserDB;upgrade=true;user=DBA;password=DBA';
> ij> select columnnumber, columnname from sys.syscolumns where
> referenceid in (select tableid from sys.systables where ta
> blename = 'SYSTABLES') order by columnnumber;
> ERROR 42Y07: Schema 'DBA' does not exist

I tried to recreate this, but I could not. Can you show me exactly how
you did this?  Please also see my reply to Dan's mail; I did some more
experiments.

Thanks,
Dag

--
Dag H. Wanvik
Sun Microsystems, Database Technology Group (DBTG)