db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: NetBeans project metadata into Derby?
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:23:46 GMT
David Van Couvering <david@vancouvering.com> writes:

> So, the message is, guaranteed compatibility from older to newer
> version, but no guarantee from newer version to older version.  And,
> once you open a project with a newer version, it is auto-upgraded to
> that new version's format.

OK, so it sounds like there could be problems, like extra diffs, if
people use different versions. What about adding a directory which
contain project file templates instead? Then one could just do a "cp -r
tools/templates/nbproject ." or something each time a new copy was
checked out. That would allow users to do customizations without
conflicting with the checked-in template. The same thing could be done
for other IDEs as well.

--
Knut Anders