db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: NetBeans project metadata into Derby?
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 09:00:29 GMT
David Van Couvering <david@vancouvering.com> writes:

> Having worked in NetBeans for a while, I have noticed that many code
> bases are checked in with an associated NetBeans project
> directory. This allows NetBeans users to quickly open up the project
> and start using it within NetBeans.
>
> I was thinking of doing the same thing for Derby.  I am regularly
> having to create the NetBeans project (each time I do a fresh pull or
> am working in a separate sandbox).
>
> Are there any reasons why this is not kosher?

Does the project file format change between NetBeans versions? If it
does, it could cause problems if developers use different versions.

What about local changes to the project file? If a developer is not
happy with the settings in the checked-in project file and customizes
it, she always gets extra output from "svn diff" and "svn stat" and
would have to edit the diffs before submitting them. Or are the project
files fairly static?

Another related matter I have been thinking about, is whether it would
be OK to add the names of common project files and/or tag files to the
svn:ignore property. I find it a bit annoying that they keep showing up
when I run "svn stat" (yes, I know about "svn stat -q", but it also
hides files I have added and forgotten to run "svn add" on).

--
Knut Anders