db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Knut Magne Solem" <knut...@idi.ntnu.no>
Subject Re: Derby developing, how to do debug.
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 21:10:02 GMT
On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 22:51:41 +0200, Knut Magne Solem <knutmas@idi.ntnu.no>
wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 22:12:27 +0200, Paulo Jesus
> <paulo.jesus@mail.telepac.pt> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> I´m here looking on how can i make debug on the execution. Or there is a
>> way of making a step by step execution of the server?
> [...]
> -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8787,server=y,suspend=n" on the
> remote computer and debug it via breakpoints and "stepping" in Eclipse
> on my desktop computer. To get Eclipse to start debugging a JVM on a
> remote computer you can follow this tutorial (essentially page 6 and 7):
> http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2005/08/31/eclipse-jboss-remote-debug.html

I forgot one thing.. I had some trouble to get debugging to work properly
in Eclipse with the 10.2.2.0 distribution on
http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html. After some
troubleshooting i solved it by compiling Derby after enabling debugging in
ant.properties and adding debuglevel="lines,vars,source" in all the
build.xml in the source tree. Is it supposed to be that hard or could I do
it differently?

kms