db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Mamta Satoor" <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject DERBY-2831 create function in a non-existent schema causes null pointer exception
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 17:37:00 GMT
Hi,

I am starting to work on DERBY-2831. For some reason the Jira entry
 *https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2831* is not coming up
correctly so I wanted to share on the list how I am thinking of fixing the
bug. Let me know if anyone has any comments.

Since a function can be created only in user schemas, I am thinking that I
can use DataDictionary.getCollationTypeOfUserSchemas to set the collation
type in CreateAliasNode.typeDescriptorWithCorrectCollation rather than going
through the function's schema name. I will start working towards that
solution. If anyone has any feedback on it, please let me know.

thanks,
Mamta