db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Mamta Satoor" <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r545639 - /db/derby/code/trunk/java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/lang/CollationTest.java
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2007 04:21:21 GMT
Yes, at this point, it is not related to collation because parameters are
not supported inside XMLSERIALIZE. But when we do support them, we want to
make sure that the collation type of character string type returned from
XMLSERIALIZE(? AS ...) will have the collation of the current schema and if
it is getting compared against some other character string type of different
collation type, then the test should fail. And that is why I put the test in
the collation test.

If it seems more appropriate
1)for the test to be in XML test class, I can go ahead and move it there or
2)if something like this already exists, then I can remove the test.

Mamta