db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 10.3.1.1 voting & testing from July 9 - July 13.
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 18:09:29 GMT
> Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Because of vacation plans, I posted a comment to thread:
> > http://www.nabble.com/10.3.1.0-beta-ready-for-testing-tf3937690.html#a11168181
> >

> > As a result of Rick's reply, and because so far, things look fairly
> > good, I've modified the Release Summary
> > http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenThreeRelease#head-b0d4c2f51fa87693ab17aa99eac096abbe0bd707
> >
> > to show voting and sanity testing for the release candidate from July
> > 9 - July 13.
>
> DB PMC rules indicate a minimum of seven days for a vote.
>
> http://db.apache.org/management.html
>
> Dan.

I was trying to accomodate Rick's schedule, in case he needs to take
over from me, but I think the 5th is too aggressive, and I think we
should not 'shorten' a testing period already started...And, as Dan
says, we need 7 days minimum.

So, how about creating the RC1 distribution on July 9 (that, is, I'll
work on it the weekend of July 7-8) and I'll close vote on July 17...
(That also gets around any possible apprehension for those of us
slightly supersitious regarding specific prime numbers and otherwise
innocuous days of the week. :-) )

Myrna