db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Jira...Release Note Needed & Existing Application Impact
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2007 02:27:59 GMT
Hi,

I've been struggling with the semantics/use/purpose of the flags, in
particular 'Existing Application Impact' and 'Release Note Needed'...

I am wondering if we should have a short hint behind the flags.

Something like:
Patch Available: indicates that a patch is available for review and/or
commit. Gets picked up by daily automated mail.
Existing Application impact.An existing application can be impacted by
the solution to this issue.
Regression; the behavior described is worse than in previous versions/builds.
Release Note Needed: indicates a releaseNote.html is/should be
attached. The releaseNote.html will be automatically included in the
RELEASE-NOTES.html at release time when this flag is on.

Myrna