db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: derby trunk needs header cleanup
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 21:43:35 GMT
> If I remember right, I thought that DavidVC updated the script on the
> Derby wiki [2] to update *.sql files. Maybe adding *.sql2 and other
> files with new extensions would do the trick.
>
>  -jean

If I dig through the comments in DERBY-1377, it appears Andrew
actually handled the ij/.sql scripts.
It doesn't explain why the *subsql, *sql1 and sql2 were skipped.
Maybe because they don't work by themselves?
Or oversight?

Also, there are explanatoryfiles for instance, README.txt - does that
need a header?

How about all the .properties files in the old test harness
directories, was it decided those were not 'source' files in their own
right?

How about .policy?

Can anyone explain the decision to just address .java and .sql files?
(and document that on the wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/FixingLicenseHeader)

Thx,
Myrna