db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: errors in junit tests
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 18:26:42 GMT
> I synced my client to revision 544150 this morning. I see 70 failures
> and 21 errors when I run the junit tests. The errors are in the
> DatabaseClassLoadingTest and the upgrade tests:
>
> Errors:
>
> 1)
> testLoadJavaClassDirectly(org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.DatabaseClassLoadingTest)java.sql.SQLException:
> Jar file 'MY_JAVA' already exists in Schema 'EMC'.
[snip similar\
> 5)
> changeEncryptionFromNone(org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.upgradeTests.Changes10_2)java.sql.SQLException:
> Failed to start database 'singleUse/oneuse29', see the next exception
> for details.
[snipt other upgrade test trouble]

Hi Rick,

I don't know about the DatabaseClassLoadingTest issues...
You didn't say what you were sync-ed up to before (I don't usually
check this either), and I'm not sure if you previously ran with
-DoldReleasePath to point to derby.jar files for the older releases?
The upgrade test logic was changed to not use 'lib' directories in the
older releases, and to attempt to find older releases from the apache
site unless -DoldReleasePath is set.

HTH
Myrna