db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: !!!...Using Eclipse to build Derby...!!!
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2007 13:59:16 GMT
On 6/2/07, Life Challenge <life.c3@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/1/07, Jean T. Anderson <jta@bristowhill.com> wrote:
> > Life Challenge wrote:
> > > hello all.
> > >
> > >             I am new to Derby and using the Eclipse IDE to build the
> derby
> > > using the link
> > >
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/BuildingDerby#head-0c0abaf557bc2cfe0efdbdd9a6098de1db0f6bb2
> > >
> > > But when I enter the url
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/
> > > in url field of SVN Repository Exploring and Pressing Next It is taking
> > > long time and printing the following Error Message
> > >
> > > svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/asf/db/derby/code'
> > > svn: Connection timed out
> > >
> > > plzz help me
> > > ThankYou
> > >

> > Hmmm, maybe svn was down? Right now it shows as being up at
> > http://monitoring.apache.org/status/ .
> >
> > Try again and if it still fails, try a smaller request and see if that
> > works:
> >
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk
>

>            I   tried atleast 10 times . It is giving the same error for both
> the urls.
> The Error is:
>            Error Validating
> Location:"org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException svn:
>                 PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/asf/db/derby/code'
> svn: Connection timed out
>

> > -jean

I have never tried this from within eclipse; I didn't even realize
that's possible (nor do I know exactly how to go about doing that).
So far, I first svn co in a command line window and then tell
eclipse-svn to use the dir at top of the trunk as the existing source
for the workspace/project. Can you use svn outside of eclipse & does
the svn co work then?

Also, I definitely urge you to *not* co the full .../derby/code, but
start with .../derby/code/trunk.
If you start with ../derby/code, you get all older branches and it's
probably more than you'd want at first.

HTH
Myrna