db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Life Challenge" <life...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: !!!...Using Eclipse to build Derby...!!!
Date Sun, 03 Jun 2007 17:28:31 GMT
On 6/3/07, Andrew McIntyre <mcintyre.a@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/3/07, Life Challenge <life.c3@gmail.com> wrote:

> problem.

> same
> > >
> > > In addition to determining whether or not you are going through a
> > > proxy, can you ping/traceroute to svn.apache.org? i.e. can you get to
> > > the machine, or is the machine refusing to honor your request?
> > >
> > > If you can ping svn.apache.org, then there is a chance that the Apache
> > > infrastructure team has blocked svn access from users of your ISP due
> > > to abuse of the machine by users of your ISP. If you are able to ping
> > > the machine, then please send your IP address and we can check if your
> > > ISP is currently blocked on the Apache side.
> > >
> > > If you cannot ping or traceroute to the machine, and you determine
> > > that you don't need to configure settings for a proxy, then you should
> > > check with your ISP's technical support.
> > >
> > > HTH,
> > > andrew
> > >

> > hi,
> >
> >    1)     I am able to look at the URL in the browser.
> >    2)     My browser is configured to use a proxy server.
> >    3)     I am able ping/traceroute to svn.apache.org
> >    4)     I modified the servers file as follows.
> >           [global]
> >           http-proxy-host = 192.168.36.204
> >           http-proxy-port = 8080
> >    5)    This time I am getting a different error
> >
> >           [root@localhost ~]# svn co
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk/
> >           svn: REPORT request failed on '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'
> >           svn: REPORT of '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request
> (
> > http://svn.apache.org)
> >           [root@localhost ~]#
> > N.B: Last time I got the error as PROFIND request failed and this time
> > REPORT request failed. Is there something wrong with HTTP or what it
> could
> > be.??. and what is thus 400 Bad Request( http://svn.apache.org).
>
> Subversion, when accessed via HTTP, uses several non-standard HTTP
> request methods to retrieve certain information. One of these methods
> is REPORT. It appears the HTTP proxy server you are using to contact
> the Apache Subversion server is not forwarding the HTTP REPORT request
> from your proxy to Apache's Subversion server.
>
> You need to contact the administrator of your proxy server and request
> that they forward HTTP REPORT requests in addition to the other HTTP
> methods needed for Subversion. There are 5 HTTP methods which your
> proxy must forward: PROPFIND, REPORT, MERGE, MKACTIVITY, CHECKOUT.
>
> Please be sure to read the following before going any further:
>
> http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#proxy
>
> HTH,
> andrew

Thanks andrew.
            Can I use any alternative method to build the derby in Eclipse ?

1)    Can I access SVN using Other protocol than HTTP.?
2)    I have already downloaded the source from Derby web site.how can I
build using
      the  downloaded source  in Eclipse (no SVN here).?
plzz suggest me in this regards.
Thanks in advance.