db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "David Van Couvering" <da...@vancouvering.com>
Subject Re: NetBeans project metadata into Derby?
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 17:14:44 GMT
I don't know about the guaranteed compatibility between major
versions, but I did notice that I could open a project in NB 5.5 that
I created in NB 6, so things look pretty stable.  But you're right,
that's a concern.  I'll ask around and see if I can find out how
that's addressed, and get back to this list.

All local changes are stored in a directory called 'private'.  If you
svn:ignore this directory, then what gets checked in is fully portable
across user environments.

The entire NetBeans code base is a series of modules, with each module
being its own separate NB project.  In all these cases the NB project
is checked into cvs, and I have been quite successful in opening these
projects.

David