db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "David Van Couvering" <da...@vancouvering.com>
Subject Status of JNLP storage factory
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2007 19:19:11 GMT
I've had other deliverables on my plate so I haven't had much time to
spend on this, but I finally did get this to build in our trunk.  I'll
post a patch with the changes I made.  It's a real bummer that we
don't have "real" support for JDK 5, given that JDK 6 is not coming to
the Mac any time soon.

When I tried to open a connection in a Java Web Start environment
using "jdbc:derby:jnlp:mydb;create=true" I got an error:

2007-06-12 19:11:59.936 GMT
Thread[javawsApplicationMain,5,javawsApplicationThreadGroup]
(java.io.FilePermission derby.log read)

Obvious once you think about it, but to be able to run under JWS, you
need not only the data files to use the JNLP persistence service, but
also the ancillary files (particularly derby.log).

Any tips on how one could get this to work.  How does the storage
engine that works with a database in a jar deal with derby.log?

Thanks,

David