db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: !!!...Using Eclipse to build Derby...!!!
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2007 20:04:51 GMT
On 6/2/07, Dyre.Tjeldvoll@sun.com <Dyre.Tjeldvoll@sun.com> wrote:
> Life Challenge <life.c3@gmail.com> writes:
> >
> > Is there something wrong with my P.C.? or what might be the problem.
> Are you able to look at the URL in a browser? If so; is your browser
> configured to use a proxy server? If it is, you may need to use the same
> proxy for svn (modify the config file).

In addition to determining whether or not you are going through a
proxy, can you ping/traceroute to svn.apache.org? i.e. can you get to
the machine, or is the machine refusing to honor your request?

If you can ping svn.apache.org, then there is a chance that the Apache
infrastructure team has blocked svn access from users of your ISP due
to abuse of the machine by users of your ISP. If you are able to ping
the machine, then please send your IP address and we can check if your
ISP is currently blocked on the Apache side.

If you cannot ping or traceroute to the machine, and you determine
that you don't need to configure settings for a proxy, then you should
check with your ISP's technical support.

View raw message